Landstar provides a broad range of safe and secure transportation services. The company has partnered with an array of vetted independent agents that deliver personalized service at the local level but with the reach of one of the largest global logistics companies in the world.
Agents of Landstar benefit from the company’s umbrella, giving every agent credibility in the industry. Landstar has built its customer-first culture one brick at a time. They have a reputation for an accident frequency significantly below its industry average and a 99 percent without issue delivery rate.
What really appeals to agents working with Landstar is flexibility. As a 100 percent privately owned and operated entity, Landstar can maintain a no-forced-dispatch policy. Agents choose the loads they want, hit the road on their schedule and get home when they choose. Among Landstar’s thousands of loads, there is room for vans, flatbeds, heavy haulers, stepdecks, frigerates, expedites and hotshots.
What the company offers is an exceptional opportunity for solo and small operations. All that Landstar asks of its agents is a level of customer service clients won’t find anywhere else. Use Landstar’s carrier network to find loads, run your business at your pace and take advantage of being a partner with features like:
Pay2Day. If you prefer to minimize paperwork and invoices, you will appreciate Pay2Day. It’s Landstar’s two-day electronic settlement system that ensures you get timely payments. You will never worry about when to expect a check.
Post Your Truck. If you prefer, simply let Landstar know when you are available to work. Watch the game on TV, keep the phone nearby and Landstar will let you know when they have a load that fits your criteria.
Entrepreneurship. Landstar allows you to grow without the struggle of marketing, campaigning and competing. Their business model is designed to help the independent enterprise prosper. Enjoy the freedom of truly being your own boss without the struggle.
Landstar understands that your success is their success. It’s why their business model is driving the growth of independent business. If you like this thinking, if you run a small loading business and want to expand your reach in the industry, speak with a Landstar rep. Don’t be surprised to learn your reach can go quite far when you are partnered with a company that’s consistently listed among the “Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For” by the Truckload Carriers Association and CarriersEdge.
The world of motorcycles and scooters often seems to be on a completely different plane than the world of automobiles. Open trails, which are not accessible to automobiles calls out for exploration by motorcycle enthusiasts.
However, with the freedom that two wheels can provide, comes the need for an entirely different level of skills as well as different regulations and laws that must be learned. Laws governing motorcycles and scooters are strict, and anyone who drives one of these vehicles needs to make sure that they understand the applicable laws in addition to ensuring that they gain the necessary proficiency for the new skill set. Motoden offers single day riding courses in London to help you learn to ride. These courses are available every day of the week with costs that range from £130.00 up to £140.00; they are designed to teach you everything necessary to learn how to begin riding.
To start riding a scooter, you’ll need the following:
— A successful car test
• If your car test was after February 2013, you’ll not only be permitted to ride on a 49cc moped, but you’ll also be able to carry a passenger
• Your speed will be restricted to 30 mph
• L plates will not be required
Anyone who is 16 years old, has passed their CBT, and currently holds a provisional license can ride a 49cc motorcycle or scooter. However, they will not be allowed to ride on motorways or carry a passenger and they must have L plates displayed. They are also restricted to 30 mph or under.
A CBT or Compulsory Basic Training course is required for all new riders.
For individuals who would like to start riding a motorcycle, they’ll face different rules. For example, you will be required to have a provisional or UK driving license, and the CBT is mandatory. For anyone who is 17 or older, they will be permitted to ride a motorcycle or scooter that is up to 125cc; however, they are forbidden from riding on motorways, they must have L plates displayed, and they can’t carry passengers. This entitlement has a duration of two years.
If you’ve passed a car test since February 2013, you will be able to take a CBT course. You will be entitled to ride a restricted 49cc scooter or motorcycle. You will also be permitted to carry a passenger and you will not have to display L plates.
There are many rules and regulations that apply to riding motorcycles and scooters and some are very strict. So, with that caveat out of the way, you’ll still have 3 other elements that will be required before you’ll be qualified to ride a scooter or motorcycle without L plates or restrictions. These elements must be completed before your 2 year duration of CBT limit expires. These requirements include the following:
* A Motorcycle Theory Test
* The Module 1 Practical Test
* The Module 2 Practical Test
Anyone who wants to learn how to ride motorcycles or scooters should understand that these machines are very powerful and they leave a rider exposed to traffic. The regulations and rules that apply to operating these machines are intended to keep the operator safe. The freedom to operate a scooter or motorcycle comes with a great deal of responsibility. Your education and training will serve you well when you are traveling on a bike. Motoden training will go with you on every step of your journey in order to make sure that all of your qualifications for safe operation of a motorcycle are met.
If you are passionate about your car and you love to maintain your car health properly then you should realize that your car also needs perfect protection. This protection is not only related to taking your car to the garage for maintenance. This maintenance means to keep your car safe from outside pollutions. The reasons for which you should buy custom car covers can be mentioned below.
- Dust can make your car totally shabby and can damage too. To protect a car from dust and dirt proper cover is needed
- UV rays are harmful to a human being as well as to a car. When you park your car outside, the car must be covered with suitable covers
- Bad weather such as heavy snow or rain can damage your car immensely. Hence, one should cover a car with appropriate covers.
The need for different car is different and depending on the need, shape, size of the car you need to pick the correct cover for your car. By visiting the website of www.customcarcovers.com you can buy the best cover for your car. But before buying you should have a look at the qualities offered by various companies for the custom car covers. If you are satisfied with the qualities and price of car covers, you can place an order. Again, another thing you should verify that all these car covers are available with warranties or not. You will be glad to know the fact that some of the leading companies offer cover not only for the exterior protection of the car but also for the interiors in the form of seat cover, dash board cover , front end cover and many more. Quality accessories are also available with these companies for your car.
Depending on your personal needs, you may want to ship your car to Alaska from somewhere on the East Coast. Shipping may be easier than driving there, and it’s probably cheaper as well. If you’ve bought a car from out of state and you need to get it to a remote location in Alaska, shipping may be your only option. Whatever your reason for Pennsylvania to Alaska auto transport, you should follow these steps to make the process an easy one.
- Ensure that the carrier you choose is licensed and insured. You should also ask for references and follow up on them. If the carrier is a BBB member, check their rating so you can find out if there are unresolved customer complaints.
- Check to see if the carrier services your destination. This step is important, as not every carrier ships to all parts of Alaska.
- Determine how much time you’ll need for Louisiana to Alaska auto transport. If you need your car by a predetermined date, you may need a carrier who provides expedited shipping.
- Get an estimate. Estimates are based on the car’s size, the origination location and the destination. Measure your car before calling, as you’ll need its dimensions when asking for a price quote.
- Get quotes based on departure dates. Rates are higher at some times of year, as shipping space becomes more scarce. Fuel surcharges may apply in some situations.
- Remove extra items from the car. While stuffing your car with personal items may seem like a step toward efficiency, the shipper likely prohibits it for security and safety reasons.
- Make arrangements for drop-off and pick-up. When finalizing the shipping process, you’ll need your license plate and vehicle identification numbers.
- Get your vehicle ready for transport by ensuring that it has no more than one-quarter of a tank of fuel. Leave the keys in the car during transport, and leave the doors unlocked to facilitate movement.
- Make arrangements to rent a car for use while your vehicle is in transit. Once your car is picked up by the carrier, you can expect to wait two weeks or even more for its arrival.
- Be ready to show your ID when you arrive at the shipping terminal to pick up your vehicle. Showing ID and proof of ownership prevents unnecessary delays.
Moving from the East Coast to Alaska can be an adventure, but getting your car there can be stressful if you don’t know what to do. By following the tips we’ve given above, you can get your car to your destination easily and efficiently.
The rapid development of automotive technology brings high-tech vehicle with a variety of features and value offered according to customer needs. However, there are many people that seek out and buy old cars for many reasons.
For those of you who do not want to waste too much money to buy a new car with high prices, buying an old car can be an alternative. As a consequence, you require extra care in order to keep your old car has excellent performance. Here are some tips that you can follow to keep performance of your old car:
1. Clean Car Regularly
“Clean up” here is not just wipe the outside only, but also clean up to all parts as you can afford, especially if you buy an old car. In addition for your convenience, cleaning the car could make you find other problems that may exist.
2. Fix the dashboard and steering wheel
Fix the inside of the car, especially the part that you will often encounter such as the dashboard and steering wheel. Adding cover can also cover the shortfall in the dashboard and steering wheel, making driving more comfortable. If you do not want to add the cover, you can also repaint or perform other modifications.
3. Use the cover for seat
Seat cover will be able to add to the comfort and to avoid any debris that could tarnish the seat. Cover also keeps the stitching on the seats those are not easily separated.
4. More frequent in changing oil
For cars that are older than 10 years, oil change should be done every 2500 km. By doing so, the level of emissions will ease the burden can be reduced. For optimum protection, you should use oils with viscosity of SAE 40W 10- or 15-40 W.
5. Note the cable condition
Old cables are more likely to cause surge and make the engine will not start, so you should pay attention to the condition of the cables and replace brittle cable with new ones.